Our Oatley Hide
For all true nature lovers, The Oatley Hide and ultimate getaway is now available for sleepovers. Experience the wonder of waking to the sounds of the dawn chorus around you. Situated in the heart of the Kilgobbin mist belt forest, now The Dargle Nature Reserve. This rustic site abounds with abundant bird life, and numerous mammal species including the endangered Samango Monkey.
This self-catering facility is completely off-grid (although only one hour’s drive from Hillcrest) and is conveniently situated no more than 300m from the parking. This unique facility can sleep four people, (two in the hide itself and two in a provided spacious tent on a platform overlooking the forest).
There are two additional sites available for any extra tents you wish to provide, at a cost per head per night.
Price per night for the whole camp: R800
facilities at Oatley Hide
- New kitchen area
- Four single foam mattresses provided
- Exquisite outdoor HOT and cold shower and hand basin
- Spring water on tap
- Ventilated improved pit latrine (VIP) – with a view☺
- A large fire pit with serving table and log seating (firewood provided)
- Weber-for-two braai facility on the deck of the tent
- Access to numerous hiking trails (maps available)